An Introduction to the techniques of Meditation
Meditation is beyond human intellect and recognition. The state of meditation in its full beauty can not be described in words. The meditative state transcends the limits imposed by time, space, and senses that we operate through. If we want to make, however, an analogous experience of that stage, we can consider the deep sleep state, in which we do not feel bounded by time, space, or causation. However, meditation is different from deep sleep, as it works basically from the psyche.
Though it is said that there are various types of meditation techniques, but still, its goal is one. In reality, you can't learn meditation even if all the meditation techniques are tried. However, there are certain suggestions that you can adopt to gain maximum benefits of any meditation technique. Following are some of these suggestions:
- For all the meditations techniques, you will require to maintain regularity of time, place, and practice. Meditation techniques are effective only if you can regulate your schedule accordingly; otherwise, these techniques simply will not work.
- Time is very crucial for all meditation techniques: dawn and dusk are believed to be the best ones. It is good to start in the morning as you are afresh from your sleep and the daily routine has not taken its toll on your body and mind. Though if you can find some time and a noise-less space in the evening, it can work well then also.
- The space where you try you are meditating and working on meditation techniques should not be changed frequently. It is almost imperative that you choose a place that will be available to you without change.
- People often think that meditation techniques involve keeping the spine and neck tensed like a statue. Though you need to keep it in erect positions, but you should not tense your muscles. You need to sit in a relaxed posture that suits your physique.
- The efficiency of all meditation techniques is based upon your potential to silent your mind. In the start, you will not be able to do it for long time-periods. But once you keep on practicing, you will be well versed for longer periods.
- Meditation techniques often involve an object where you need to concentrate, like, a source of light, a photograph, sounds or music, or even the focal points in your body. However, it is advised that you should never change this point of concentration. You will not be able to still your mind if you keep on changing this object.
Apart from the abovementioned suggestions, it should be made sure that you are not anxious about the results of your meditation. It requires practice and regularity, and many people are fed-up from it because they are unable to achieve the state that they visualize to achieve. Meditation should not be taken as a mean or way to find something or to avoid some problems. It is actually the state itself, where if you reach at the culminating point, you will merge in bliss itself.