what meditation is not
Beware of Wrong Meditation Concepts and Techniques
The real purpose of meditation is to evolve to higher awareness, the pure consciousness. But, unfortunately most of people because of lack of right knowledge and realization have been proceeding on the path of trance, delirium and unconsciousness. Even most of gurus also have been teaching delirium in the name of meditation and spirituality because of their ignorance. So, it is very important for all seekers to understand what meditation is and what it is not.
What Meditation is not:
1. Meditation is not about getting lost somewhere in trance, being unaware of oneself and oneís surrounding.
Meditation is pure awareness of your reality, your whole body, emotions, thoughts, surrounding etc. Rather this awareness connects you to the whole universe.
In pure awareness, there is no mental scripting of anything or any thought. In the state of pure awareness, there is no thought even about God. It is pure awareness without any object.
2. Meditation is not hypnosis or auto-suggestion. Most of guided meditations, rituals, prayers etc create hypnosis. They donít lead to higher awareness. Spiritual marketing experts have coined some fancy names like Neuro-Linguistic Program (NLP), DNA Activation etc. I challenge to all such people who claim of DNA Activation through their spiritual products to clinically prove their claims.
3. Meditation is not a concentration on a point outside of you. When you concentrate, you shrink your awareness to a small reality; while right meditation is the expansion of awareness to infinite. Meditation is an inner journey; while, concentration is an outward journey.
When you are aware of observed, it is a worldly process of concentration; and when you are aware of the observer, means yourself, it is meditation. In meditation, observer, observed and the process of observing, all becomes one. Witnessing the witness is meditation.
4. Meditation is not visualization or imagination. Meditation is the realization of Absolute Truth. When you imagine something which is not your reality, inside you already know that it is not your reality. So, you are unnecessarily imposing a falsehood on your consciousness, you are just trying to befool yourself.
5. Meditation is not about believing in something without having realized the truth directly by oneself. All beliefs without realization are just falsehood. Belief is the biggest barrier in the realization of the Absolute Truth.
6. Practicing morality like forgiveness, acceptance, kindness etc without realization of Higher Consciousness, as what most of spiritual gurus and religions teach, is not meditation. It is not even a spiritual practice. Without realizing higher consciousness, practiced morality ot ethics is just a farce.
7. Meditation is not mental contemplation. Thinking and meditation are just polar opposites.
8. Meditation is not seeing anything in form and shape. During meditation, whatever you see, that is the projection of your mind. Some people see white light; some see some god or goddess. These are all the projection of the belief of your sub-conscious mind. In pure awareness, you realize the formless, shapeless, your infinite self without any form or shape, color etc. when you see something during meditation, apply the golden sutra of Upanishad ĎNeti-Netií. It means- neither this, nor that. So, whatever you see, that is not God. God can not be anything less than infinite.
9. Right Meditation establishes you in present, in HERE and NOW. While, a man in trance is not even aware of time.
10. Meditation is not a religious practice. It is a pure science, indispensable for mankind.
Beware of a fact that when you look at a man in trance and an enlightened person like Buddha, you will find lots of similarities in their personalities from outside, but, there is a sky of difference in their inner beings and consciousness level.
From outside, both may look very happy, peaceful non-concerned with problems of life because both are beyond the realm of mind. But the greatest difference is that Buddha is beyond mind; while, a man practicing trance or delirium in the name of meditation is below mind. Since all problems are within the realm of mind, so, both seems to be not affected with the problems of life.
Buddha, by using the power of consciousness, destroys all misery and afflictions of life; while a person in trance and delirium is not even aware of problems of life; thatís why s/he feels that s/he is free from problems. In fact, s/he is always surrounded by problems, but, s/he has adopted an ostrich approach towards the problems of life.
An enlightened man is connected with the whole universe; while an unconscious man in trance is disconnected to even him/her self and with his/her family and society. If anybody disturbs his or her trance, he or she blasts in anger.
Higher consciousness improves your productivity, while unconsciousness reduces your productivity, it makes you redundant.
Benefits of right meditation
If you are on the path of Higher Consciousness, you will feel following changes in you:
1. You become more and more aware of subtler realities. Your sensibility becomes very refined for yourself as well as for others too.
2. You will come out from the dictation of mind. The biggest misery of a common man is that he or she is a prisoner of his/her mind.
3. You will feel a very wholesome bliss which is not dependant on any outside reason or condition. No material or worldly happiness can match the quality of this bliss.
4. Desire will not be able to create any pain to you when it is unfulfilled.
5. You develop acceptance for everything without even putting any effort for it.
6. You become full of compassion without doing any effort for the same.
7. You will start enjoying your solitude. Now, your happiness does not depend on the availability of any other person.
8. You will start feeling oneness with the whole existence. The whole universe becomes your body.
9. Real love without any lust and expectation is possible in the state of higher consciousness only.
10. You start realizing eternity, freedom from the fear of death and all sorts of fear.
11. You become free from all negative emotions like hatred, jealousy, ego, false pride, anger, emotional pain etc.
12. You start enjoying ultimate freedom because now you are not attached with anything.
13. Your life becomes a saga of bliss, peace, exuberance, compassion etc.
The list is endless. Now judge yourself objectively whether you are proceeding on the right path of spirituality or not. If you are evolving to higher consciousness, all positive transformations will happen on its own. All moralities and ethics will follow you on own. You donít need to put any effort for them. For the realization of Pure Consciousness, right knowledge and right approach is must.
Thanks and regards,
+91- 98111 31102
+91- 9810 969067
+91- 8010 390024
Whatís up No.: 96435 32950
Skype id.: swamiaaron